eBulletin submission for ASTM International
Wednesday, 15 June 2022
ASTM International publishes critical petroleum industry research with the help of subject matter experts and the dedicated work of members on its committee D02 on Petroleum Products, Liquid Fuels, and Lubricants
3 recent noteworthy petroleum publications include:
- Fuels and Lubricants Handbook: Technology, Properties, Performance, and Testing, 2nd Edition
- Fuels Specifications: What They Are, Why We Have Them, and How They Are Used
Editors Salvatore J. Rand, Allen W. Verstuyft offer the latest analytical procedures and specifications for a vast range of petroleum products in the newest edition of best-selling manual Significance of Test for Petroleum Products. All tests are designed to measure product properties so that the “quality” of that product may be described. This book also cross-references and lists ISO, API, OECD, IP, EPA, DIN, and EPS methods, where applicable. New to this edition: 3 new chapters covering new products and new test procedures:
- Chromatographic Methods for Fuels, Feedstocks, and Products
- Spectroscopic Methods for Spark Ignition Fuels
- Gasoline and Diesel Fuel Additives
ASTM International Committee D02 on Petroleum Products, Fuels and Lubricants, Energy Institute (EI), Deuthches Institut fur Normung (Din), the Japanese Industrial Standards (JIS), the European Committee for Standardization (CEN), and the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) have all contributed significantly to the development of standard test methods for petroleum and alternate fuels products addressed in this publication.
Editors George E. Totten, Rajesh J. Shah, and David R. Forester provide in-depth coverage of fluid properties and test methodologies in their latest edition of manual Fuels and Lubricants Handbook: Technology, Properties, Performance, and Testing.
Readers get a thorough overview of the application-related properties being tested and an extensive discussion of the principles behind the tests and their relationship to the properties themselves.
This newly revised edition is a must-have for anyone in the global industry involved in the formulation, use, and specification of fuels and lubricants. You’ll get 49 chapters covering:
– Chromatography methods in the petroleum and fuels and lubricants industry
– NMR spectroscopy in the petroleum industry
– Mass spectrometry in the petroleum industry
– Metalworking and machining fluids
– Hydrocarbons for chemical and specialty uses
– Bench test modeling
– Lubricant friction and wear testing
– Statistical quality assurance and measurement practices for petroleum products
– Environmental characteristics of fuels and lubricants
– Pipeline corrosion
– Engineering sciences of aerospace fuels
– Fuel cleanliness
Editors Salvatore J. Rand and Allen W. Verstuyft outline reasons for fuel characteristics and the requirements of each specification in the manual Fuels Specifications: What They Are, Why We Have Them, and How They Are Used. This manual was create as a complement product to our best-selling Significance of Tests for Petroleum Products.
Rand and Verstuyft have compiled this excellent resource for:
– Federal and state regulators
– Producers, such as individual refiners
– Trade associations such as the American Petroleum Institute, the American Fuels and Petroleum Manufacturers, and the West States Petroleum Association
– Petroleum marketing organizations
– Additive suppliers
– Pipeline companies
– Vehicle and engine manufacturers using gasoline, diesel, aviation, and marine fuels
– General interest groups, consumer groups and consultants
ASTM are exhibiting at Lubricant Expo on Stand 738.