Building of the Stand
How can I find my clients stand number and size?
- Please view the floorplan HERE
- If you require a technical version of this plan, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
What are the Organiser’s Display Rules & Regulations?
- To view the Organiser Display Rules & Regulations, please click HERE
- Please also ensure that the exhibiting company’s stand number is incorporated within your stand design, either within the wall graphics, on the flooring, or on a reception desk, for example.
How do I order electrics, carpet, etc?
- The Works Events are the official general services contractor for the event
- They can provide stand fittings, services and utilities
- Please visit the Stand Services Page to place your orders
What do I need to supply?
- All stands MUST have walls and carpet/ flooring
- Please note that pop-up displays/ roller banners are not considered walling
What documents do I need to submit?
- As a stand builder, you will need to submit the following, no later than 23 July 2024
- Construction Phase Risk Assessment
- Detailed Scale Drawings (including plan views and elevations)
- Plan showing the stand location within the exhibition
- Method Statement
- Proof of Insurance
- Authorisation to Build will only be issued by the Organiser upon the receipt and review of these documents
- To submit these documents, please click HERE (link coming soon)
What is the maximum build height?
- The maximum stand build height is 6m
- Stands that exceed the 6m build height may be permissible, subject to certification by a qualified Structural Engineer
What is the floor loading capacity in the halls?
- The floor loading capacity in Hall 7 at Messe Essen is 20.0 KN/sqm
What are the venue rules and regulations?
- The Venue Technical Guidelines, which must be adhered to, can be found HERE
What are the fire safety requirements?
- Fire exits should be kept free of obstructions at all times
- The venue has fire extinguishers are at fixed locations throughout the venue and hall, and are appropriate to the area they are located in
- Any exhibitor requiring fire safety equipment on their stand should not be reliant on venue equipment within the hall
- Exhibitors should bring the necessary items with them or to enquire about ordering stand specific fire safety products, please email email@example.com
- Sprinklers, fire alarms, fire extinguishing equipment, smoke detectors, closing devices on hall doors and other safety equipment, signs for the safety equipment and emergency exit signs must be accessible and visible at all times
- Please refer to the Venue Technical Guidelines (Section 4.4) for full guidance on fire protection & safety regulations
- Exhibition stands must not be built using any easily inflammable materials, materials that drip when burning or materials that form toxic gases or produce a lot of smoke when burning, such as most thermoplastics, including polystyrene (styrofoam)
- Decoration materials must, at a minimum, be flame-retardant (Class B1) and not drip when burning, pursuant to DIN 4102-1/EN 13501-1, with limited smoke generation or, pursuant to EN 13501-1, classified as at least Class C (C-s2, d0)
- A test certificate confirming the classification of the materials used must be available
Do I need insurance?
- YES – whilst the organisers take every precaution to protect your property during the event, we are not responsible for any loss or damage
- You must ensure you take out adequate insurance cover for the period of your participation
- You are responsible for insuring against any legal liability incurred in respect of injury or damage to property belonging to third parties
- Both your employers liability and public liability insurance values should be not less than €8 million each
To view the full schedule, please click HERE
When can I build-up the stand?
- Custom-Build Stand Contractors:
- Sunday 15 September 2024: 09.00 – 19.00
- Monday 16 September 2024: 09.00 – 19.00
- Shell Scheme/ Stand Package Exhibitors:
- Monday 16 September 2024: 12.00 – 19.00
When can I breakdown the stand?
- The show closes on 19 September 2024 at 15.00; breakdown will commence at 15.30
- 30 mins will be required after show close to ensure visitors have vacated the halls and the mains power has been switched off
- At 15.30:
- Exhibits can be removed from the halls
- Structural dismantling of stands can commence
- Stored empties/ crates will be delivered to stands
Shipping & Handling
How can I make arrangements for forklift assistance?
- European International Fairs are the only contractor permitted to drive forklifts onsite
- If you require unloading/ loading forklift assistance, this must be PRE-BOOKED
- For full shipping/ handling information and instructions, please visit the Stand Services Page
Where can I ship my materials to?
- Please visit the Stand Services Page for full shipping instructions
- It is advisable to use the advance warehouse facility provided by European International Fairs, for your shipments
- Deliveries to the advance warehouse will be stored ahead of time, transferred to the venue and delivered to your stand
- If you are shipping directly to the venue, please either ensure that a representative from your company is there to receive the shipment, or, coordinate the delivery with our partner, European International Fairs
What is the venue address?
- Hall 9, Messe Düsseldorf, Stockumer Kirchstraße 61, 40474 Düsseldorf, Germany
How do I get to the venue?
- Please visit the Messe Düsseldorf website for full travel information
- Please refer to the Venue Technical Guidelines (Section 2.1) for full guidance on traffic regulations
- Any instructions issued by members of Messe Düsseldorf staff responsible for directing and controlling traffic must be followed at all times
- The speed limit at the venue is 10km/h
- The provisions of the German Road Traffic Regulations apply throughout the exhibition grounds and in car parks belonging to the venue
- Any vehicles in violation of the regulations may be removed at the owner’s risk and expense
Truck Ban on Sundays in Germany – special permit in place for this event:
- Heavy goods vehicles of over 7.5t maximum permitted weight (MPW), as well as trucks with trailers are not normally permitted on the roads in Germany on Sundays, 00:00 – 22.00
- However, there is a special permit in place for this event, allowing large heavy goods vehicles to move between P2, P9 and the exhibition halls on Sunday 15 September
- To take advantage of this allowance, heavy goods vehicles of over 7.5t MPW MUST arrive on Saturday 3 September, parking in P2 or P9 overnight; they will then be permitted to move to the exhibit hall on Sunday 4 September
- Please note that there is a height limit of 1.90 m in all car parks except P2 and P3
- Arrival into Essen is not permitted for these types of vehicles on Sunday 4 September
- Departure for these types of vehicles is permitted on Sunday 4 September, 22:00 onwards
- Please take this into consideration when planning the transportation of your stand or exhibit to the venue during the set-up period
- Please click HERE for further information and exemptions
- To view the Messe Düsseldorf site map, please click HERE
- Contractor passes are NOT required. All contractors will be issued with a wristband upon arrival; please wear it for the duration of the set-up period
- Unloading access will be through Gate 4
- Up to 2 hours unloading is permitted for cars
- Up to 3 hours unloading in permitted for vans/ trucks
- A deposit system will be in place (€100 cash payment); the deposit will only be retained should the allocated unloading time be exceeded
- When unloading has been competed, vehicles will be relocated to alternative parking at the venue
- Please note that there is a height limit of 1.90 m in all car parks except P2
- Truck parking in P2 during set-up will cost 18 euros/ day
- Dismantling will commence 30 minutes after show close/ once ALL visitors have vacated the hall at 15:30 on 19 September
- Contractors who require direct loading access at Hall 9 should go to P9 to register for a loading pass
- Once a loading pass has been obtained, please enter via Gate 4 to gain access to the hall, and exit via Gate 6
- Custom-build contractors may dismantle until 20:00 on 19 September 2024 and 08:00 – 16:00 on 20 September 2024
What facilities are there at the show?
- Toilets – at the rear of Hall 9
- 24th September – There will be a snack point available in Hall 6, a variety of food and beverage items will be available for purchase
- 25th September – The café in Hall 7 will be open, a variety of hot and cold food & beverage items will be available for purchase
- Card/ contactless payments will be required
For onsite enquiries:
- The Exhibitor Services desk is located in Hall 9: VIEW LOCATION
- Representatives from the Organiser Operations Team, General Services Contractor, and Shipping & Handling will be available, should you require assistance
- The phone number for exhibitor services is +44 (0)1273 286 399
Still got a question?
- Please email the Operations Team who will be happy to assist you, as you make your final preparations to join us: firstname.lastname@example.org